Travel Shoe Organizers and How to Choose the Right Ones
There are several reasons why people want to take more than a pair of shoes with them on their trips — weather, different types of events, or even comfort.
Packing shoes can be the trickiest part of organizing your suitcase. Not only are they usually the bulkiest items to pack, but they also can get your clothes dirty. The last thing you want is to arrive at your destination to discover that your shoes have streaked your clothing with dirt. Here is where travel shoe organizers come into play.
Even if your shoes start clean, it is a good idea to have travel shoe organizer bags.
Why Do You Need A Travel Shoe Organizer
Most people use travel shoe organizers when travelling, to avoid packing shoes with the rest of the personal items. Typically made of nylon, travel shoe organizers maintain an orderly suitcase, as well as keep the dirt on your shoes away from your clothes. Even if you don't consider yourself a super-organized packer, you have to agree that the utility of travel shoe organizers is undeniable.
Besides travelling, shoe organizers can store a variety of other things. For instance, they can be used as closet organizers to maintain your shoes in proper condition, away from moisture and dust or pack other travel items.
Moreover, there are options for all types of travelers, whether you tend to pack multiple pairs, need space for slim sandals or bulky boots.
What To Look For When Getting A Travel Shoe Organizer
When planning to buy a travel shoe organizer or shoe bag, you want to find one that has a great design, easy to use, and protects your shoes. Not to mention, practical and durable.
Some of the factors to consider are:
- Quality and type of material: You want a shoe bag that is strong and will serve you for a long time. High-performance fabrics are resistant to abrasions and tears.
- Waterproof fabric: Moisture and water, in general, can ruin a good pair of shoes. Waterproof bags are helpful if you get caught in a downpour or have wet shoes that need packing.
- Size and capacity: Depending on the number of shoes, and sometimes the type of shoes, you want a shoe bag that fits the shoes you want to bring on your trip.
- Breathability: Go for shoe bags with top mesh panels as they allow air to flow freely and keep contaminants away. Controlling the unpleasant shoe smell and ensure that the clothes inside your luggage will still be fresh and clean.
- Closure: You want a bag with sturdy closure. You do not wish to have your shoes spilling out of your bag or suitcase.
- Wash ability and re-usability: Reusable bags are a great way to save money and the environment.
Besides helping you keep everything clean, travel shoe organizers also help you protect the shoe itself from dirt and damage. Furthermore, travel shoe organizers can help you organize other personal belongings — a small investment in a great deal of personal comfort. It would be best if you considered getting a shoe organizer bag for your next trip.